Thursday, February 7, 2013

The Dynamic Duo of NLP And Time Line Therapy®



Last time I cried, I was all drenched with tears and sweat that I could hardly breathe. I was so caught up with the moment that I was lost for rationale and more so of the presence of time. I was quiet slumped and sulking over a bountiful spill that I have not been aware of my personal needs. All I could think of was how to put my aching heart to rest. 


I know crying my eyes off won’t help me get by, more so, surpass the ordeal. I need to control myself, though I am trying, still to no avail. I cannot stop even if I want to. Of the days that I kept things to myself, I would end up sleeping after a tearful session. By the time I wake up, I would be all sore and weary of the world around me. 

 Admittedly, I was feeling sorry for myself. I was not enjoying the moment, as I was not in motion. I remained stagnated and stuck. Although I have wanted to move on, I cannot seem to do so as I feel if I move, I would still revert back to my old place. It was as if I was tied to the hip with the situation. 

However, as days turned into weeks, I learned to let go. It was like waking up with less baggage every single day. As if the tears took my pain with every drop coming out from my eyes. The more I cried, the more I appreciate my life and my being. Admittedly, it was like magic. It was never planned as I was getting tired of crying but every time I hold onto my present and think of my future, my past seems to pull me back. 

It was hard. No, let me correct that. It was difficult. I was having a whirlwind of emotional distress that I was not in control of my existence, being and self. My life seemed to pass by without me knowing of it. I was lost in the woods and was waiting for the big bad wolf to come pick me up. It was like I lost all my sanity and rationality along with the tears. I know, this too shall pass but of its expected time of departure, I do not know. 

Deep inside I was hoping and wishing for it to happen. That one day, my sun would shine and take all the clouds away. Although, I know it would not happen in a snap, I know it will. And eventually it did. 

Along the way to recovery, I learned of control and of discipline. I am one to say that I have not been able to learn to control myself that’s why I ended up depressed and more so, I was so caught up with the moment that discipline became a wallpaper in the background. However, after what I have been through, I was fortunate enough to learn of the importance of such in the self. 

How, you might ask? Well, it was because of Neuro Linguistic Programming and Time Line Therapy ®, NLP and TLT respectively. Intrigued? I believe so. Before you get slumped in a traumatic situation and lost in it, learn NLP and TLT to have the life that you have always wanted – despite the challenges in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment